Monday 15 April 2013

Brave enough for Dungarees?

I don’t know about you, but when I think of dungarees, I think of Neneh Cherry, TLC  and NSync (yes, even Justin wore dungarees once – gasp)! They're not something I would imagine blogging about, but, they’re back and some styles are actually really quite nice! With the likes of Jessie J, Rhianna, Alexa Chung and even Kim Kardashian being spotted in a tan coloured take on the classic, who am I to argue!

I've had a look on a number of high street websites to put together a collection of some of my favourite options out there. I started by looking at ASOS, one of my favourite on-line stores. 

ASOS various styles of dungarees

What I'm really loving about the dungaree look is that there are loads of options on how to wear it. These three styles are really great. These Vintage Wash Dungarees, with their tapered, turn up leg, still in the classic 'wash' effect we remember, have an extra twist. They look great in this pic with heels but would look really good with Vans or Superga's too. 

The short dungaree is another way of wearing them, which again, has been updated and you can now get short dungarees with some really lovely patterns. Like these Motel Denim Dungarees in Paisley blue print. Cute or what! They have the classic middle front pocket and racer back, like the good old days, but if you went out in these, people would know instantly that you hadn't dug them out of the back of your wardrobe!

The dungaree dress is my favourite way of wearing dungarees. Slightly cheating maybe but really cute and this Joyrich Blossom Dungaree Dress, is right up my street. It incorporates this springs floral look, as talked about in my previous post, plus is just adorable too.

So, next I took at look at Topshop, where I found these two pairs, which are both lovely for different reasons.
          Topshop various dungarees styles
The Elephant Dungaree Jumpsuit is so cute. It's a take on the classic, with a modern pattern and tapered legs. It's a really bold design and whether I would be brave enough, I'm not sure. I really love it though.

Then there's these classic Moto Vintage Denim Dungarees. Almost just how I remember them originally, just a little shorter! These would look amazing with a t-shirt and trainers. Simple but not understated.

The great thing about dungarees is that they're so versatile. You can dress them up or down. The three examples to follow, found on Glamour's website, show just that.

Clashing patterned dungarees and striped jumper

These great floral dungarees look amazing with a striped jumper. By 'mashing up' the prints, you can update the dungaree look instantly.

A blazer, clutch and heels finish this dungaree look perfectly

By adding a blazer, clutch and heels, you can create a stylish look that would be the envy of anyone else brave enough to do it themselves. 

Casual dungarees as worn by Alex Chung

And how could I forget Alexa. She's been crazy about dungarees for a while now and maybe we should have all listened to her! These blue dungarees, worn with a nautical t-shirt and espadrilles, are the perfect casual look. 

If it's a look you've already embraced or would like to, let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I wish I was brave enough to don dungarees but I'm so tall, I think it'd look silly :( xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine, who's over 6 foot, wears skinny roll up dungarees and they look so cute. She wears them with heels and it makes her even taller! :) x

      Delete
  2. I really love the look, but I don't think I am brave enough to actually wear the trend!
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Kate. I'm thinking of going for the dungaree dress - a bit of a cop out maybe (!) but there are some lovely ones out there. Love your blog by the way and especially the Topshop block print skinny trousers. ;) x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment and your interest in my blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...