Saturday 27 April 2013

Owl necklaces & pendants

Necklace with an owl pendant



I have a lot of necklaces, it's true but I think the love for them has just recently been re-ignited. I didn't wear necklaces or earrings for quite a while after I had my daughter Grace (she just wanted to tug on them constantly), however recently with some of the shapes and designs I have seen available, I'm back to browsing, buying and wearing them again.

I have especially always thought that owl necklaces & pendants are really lovely and have two so far of my own. This first of my owl necklaces is really cute, on a short gold chain, with black stone eyes and diamanté detailing for the feathers. 



This lovely little necklace has a good length extender chain and really sparkles in the light. It looks adorable with most outfits but especially with a little black number, adding real character to your neckline. This one was originally from ASOS and although I don't think this one is available any more, they do have a good range of others.

The second of my owl necklaces is this one, which I bought from Dorothy Perkins. This floral owl is on a long cold chain and has a floral belly and diamanté eyes. I love wearing this one with a swing vest, blazer and skinny jeans. It really brightens up any outfit and is sizeable  which I've not seen in most owl necklaces & pendants. 


I don't think you can get this owl in Dorothy Perkins any more, but they do sell it in Debenhams and with a 20% sale at the moment, it's a real steal at just £9.60.

I remember my grandmother having an owl necklace when I was a child. I remember that is head and body were hinged and moved separately to each other as if it were real! You can now buy owl necklaces just like that again and whilst on the hunt for the next feathered creature to add to my collection, I've put together a selection of just a few of the options out there.

Owl necklaces, five kinds








Owl necklaces in another 5 designs



1. Vintage Hinged Owl Necklace, £6 from Babi Online
2. Bronze Owl Necklace, £6 from Vintage Princess Jewellery
3. William Wooden Owl Long Pendant, £12 from Accessorize
4. Skye Pearl Owl Necklace, £14 from Very
5. Louche Owl Necklace, £8 from Joy the Store

6. Silver Tone Owl Pendant Long Necklace, £8 from River Island
7. Silver Owl Necklace, £26 from Oliver Bonas
8. Owl Pendant Necklace, £14.99 from Mango
9. Gold and Blue Stone Owl Necklace, £5.99 from New Look
10. Owl Ditsy Necklace, £6 from ASOS

I have also found this adorable Owl Cuff, which I am in love with.

Accessorize owl cuff

At just £10, this Danielle Owl Cuff from Accessorize is truly beautiful. It's gold toned with diamanté detailing and would look gorgeous in the flesh I have no doubt.

Maybe I've just discovered that it's not just owl necklaces that I love but owl jewellery in general. Uh oh, this could get dangerous!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment and your interest in my blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...