Wednesday 1 May 2013

L'Oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain & Rouge Caresse Lipstick

It's my first post of the month (where did April go?!), so I thought I'd review some new L'Oreal lip colours that I've just bought. 

L'Oreal lip stains and lipstick


Left to right; Rough Caresse Lipstick in Nude Ingenue (501), Colour Caresse Shine Stain  Princess (200) and Colour Caresse Shine Stain Romy (102)

L'Oreal lip stains and lipstick


I've wanted a new nude lip colour for a while now and thought I'd try the aptly named 'Nude Ingenue' from the L'Oreal Rough Caresse Lipstick range. 

The packaging is cute, with the see through lid, so you can see the actual colour of the lipstick (instead of just the end, which I find aren't terrible accurate a lot of the time). I also love the gold casing inside the clear outer case.

The lipstick inside seems slightly skinnier than some lipsticks but applies really nicely and smoothly and most importantly, without feeling the need to add lots of it. 

Nude Ingenue L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick

Nude Ingenue

I have quite rosed coloured lips and I must admit, I thought that this lipstick would make them 'nuder' and less pink, but unlike the actual colour of the lipstick (when you put the two photos side by side, they look worlds apart!), when I used it, my lips just look slightly less pink. The colour on me doesn't seem particularly nude, which is a real shame.

However, that aside, the lipstick itself is a nice colour and the consistency feels really moisturising and soft. I also didn't need to reapply much. So a huge plus there.

The two shades that I picked from the L'Oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain range are Romy and Princess. I thought I would pick a pink and a red.

After seeing the ads where Cheryl tells us that these lip stains feel like 'water on your lips' I thought they were worth a try! The stains are 30% water based and really do feel it. They glide on and feel lovely. Really silky and smooth. 

Romy lip stain

Romy lip stain

Romy is the pinker of the two shades and again, looks pretty different to how it does in the bottle, but it's actually a really lovely pink. Quite striking and punchy but without being too 'in your face'! 

The most important part is the stay factor and it does. Wearing it today, I only applied twice after the initial application this morning and admittedly they were both after I ate. So I'd say as a lip stain, it's pretty good!

Princess lip stain

Princess lip stain

Princess is by far my favourite of the three Loreal shades I've tried here. Again this is a Colour Caresse Shine Stain and is pretty much exactly how it looks in the bottle, it applies amazingly, needs hardly any to get the desired colour and stays put. 

The stain power of this one is incredible. A lot of people sample lip colours on an arm, but I wouldn't dare with these stains - I think I'd be stuck with a multi coloured arm for some time!

Collage of Princess L'Oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain


I had great fun reviewing these today. Have you tried any of these shades before? Let me know about your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and your interest in my blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...