Wednesday 5 June 2013

Primark Summer Haul

Primark Summer Haul


Popping into the Tottenham Court Road Primark (which is by far my favourite of the Primark  stores in London), I picked up a load of really cute summer bargains, to boost my wardrobe

I'm going on holiday soon, so I thought it was about time I started thinking about my holiday wardrobe and thought I'd share some of the bits I bought with you.

The first is this really cute cross body bag, in grey, which was just £7. I like to carry lots of bits and pieces when I'm out and about on holiday, so this bag is perfect, as it has lots of pockets and is cross body, so my hands are free. Always a plus. 

The strap is a good length and is adjustable and I especially like the plait and buckle detail on the front pocket. Very cute. 

Primark Grey Cross Body Bag, £7




I don't seem to be able to go into any store without being drawn to the makeup isle but I have to admit, Primark was not a place I thought I was likely to see any makeup that I would like. However, I did! 

This lovely Eye Shadow & Shades Palette, with eight gorgeous summery shades, mirror and applicator brush, attracted my eye straight away and for just £2.50, I had to buy it!

The colours are gorgeous, ranging through the dusky pinks and greys, to the green, purple and browns. I'm really excited about trialling and reviewing this palette, to see if the shadows are as pigmented as they look!

I also love the fact that some thought has gone into the packaging of this palette, with the cute Japanese inspired pink bird and flower lid. Love this.

Primark Eye Shadow & Shades Palette, £2.50

The next cute item I picked up and thought I'd share with you is this White & Navy Striped Tube Dress, £8.

The reason I thought I would share this with you is because  if you're like me and under 5'5", you will probably have tried on about a gazillion maxi dresses and skirts and found them all way too long!! 

So when I tried this dress on and found that even when wearing flats, this dress skims my ankles, I leapt into the air and let out a small squeal of excitement! I've finally found a maxi dress that doesn't swamp me! It was a very exciting moment.

What I also love about this dress is the slightly elasticated waist, which creates a lovely shape around the waist and across the bust. I can see how this would look really lovely with a tan coloured belt too, if I want to dress it up a little.

Primark White & Navy Striped Tube Dress, £8


The next item I'm sharing is this really cute Nevada Sunshine Highway Racer Back Vest, which was just £3

I bought this item in a much larger size than usual (I'm usually a 10 and I bought a 14), as I wanted this vest to look oversized and relaxed, when wearing it with denim shorts.

I really love printed t-shirts and jumpers at the moment and this vest is the perfect combination of print and gorgeous pastel colours (which are also my favourite as we're coming into warmer months). I'm really looking forward to wearing this with denim shorts, an oversized handbag, flip flops and sunnies at the airport!

Primark Nevada Racer Back Vest, £3

The final bargain I'm sharing with you from my Primark Summer Haul are these really cute Paisley Denim Shorts

These shorts were just £7, have a really cute draw string waist and turn-ups. They're a twist on the standard denim shorts and I absolutely love the paisley print

They're a really light weight denim too, so perfect for hot, sticky holiday days or could be dressed up in the evening with a cute white peplum top or swing vest and white pumps.

Primark Paisley Denim Shorts, £7

I hope you like these bits I've shared with you today. Let me know if you've got any of these or whether there are any maxi dresses or skirts out there, suitable for my height, that I may have missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and your interest in my blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...