Thursday 13 June 2013

Bobbi Brown Mascara & Eyebrow Pencil Review & Swatches

Bobbi Brown Mascara & Eyebrow Pencils



I've recently got my hands on some new Bobbi Brown products, which I thought I'd share with you. I have the Waterproof & Lengthening Mascara in Black and two Eyebrow Pencils in no1 Black and no 3 Brown

I picked these up on eBay; the mascara for £8.99 and the eyebrow pencils for £4.95 each, which I thought was an absolutely steel for such good quality products. I've used both of these before but have ordered them through the Bobbi Brown site and paid £18 for the mascara and £15 each for the eyebrow pencils!

The mascara comes in the gorgeous black shiny packaging, to match all of Bobbi's other mascaras and has a lovely round, full brush. 

Bobbi Brown Mascara
Bobbi Brown Mascara
Bobbi Brown Mascara



The brush is great for covering every lash and surprisingly for me, as all mascaras seem to smudge after a while, this one doesn't; which is why I've bought it time and time again.

The wand feels comfortable in the hand, it's not too thin and not too large and clumsy. The application of the product is really smooth too. I do find I need to add a couple of coats to get the desired lengthened look, but that's not a problem as I love applying makeup! 

Bobbi Brown Mascara; before & after application


The only small downside to this product is that sometimes the consistency can come out a little sticky and the lashes might clump together. I think this is likely to do with the waterproofing ingredients, enabling it to fix to the lashes. I've have found that this generally tends to happen on the first couple uses of a new bottle, but is easily fixed by combing the lashes through with a lash brush.

All in all, this is a great product and can be picked up for a fraction of the RRP, so a great buy.

The eyebrow pencils are something I've also bought before and I actually use them in two ways, sometimes for my eyebrows but sometimes as a kohl liner too. This means I can carry just one product in my handbag kit, instead of two!

Bobbi Brown Eyebrow Pencils
Bobbi Brown Eyebrow Pencils
Bobbi Brown Eyebrow Pencils
The pencil and brush in one design is great, it saves bumbling around in your makeup kit for a separate brush.

I find the consistency of these pencils to be perfect for adding finishing touches to eyebrows, as the product isn't over pigmented, which is a good thing for an eyebrow pencil. There's nothing worse than adding pencil to your eyebrow and it applying dark and heavy and not how you intended! With these, you can apply little by little, until you get the desired look.

Bobbi Brown Eyebrow Pencils; swatch


I also like using them as a kohl liner under the eye on occasions again, where I want a little colour or definition but don't want to use a standard kohl liner which are often more pigmented.

As you can see from above, I've used a couple of strokes of the pencil to get these heavier looks.

Do you think you'll try either the mascara or eyebrow pencils? Do you use any other Bobbi Brown products? If you do, I'd love to hear which ones and what you think of them? I'm always looking out for new goodies to buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and your interest in my blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...