Wednesday 24 April 2013

Jelly cage bags are back!

Lady carrying a pink cage bag


I was quite possibly the most excited today than I've been in ages, about something that's plastic and ever so slightly Granny chic. Oh yes, the 80/90's jelly cage bag is back! When I caught a glimpse of the pink and blue versions of the throw back classic on New Looks website this morning, I let out a small 'yip' of excitement!

May I introduce to you the Coolway Blue & Pink Layca Cage Bags..... 

Coolway cage bag in pink

Coolway cage bag in blue
Pink cage bag being held by a model
I never thought that having other people see what was in your handbag could be fashionable but I'm really loving these slightly kitsch bags of beauty; especially as they remind me of the two, yes two, I had as a child! 

I am proud to say I had one very similar to the Coolway cage bags, in white and I also had a mint green cross body bag, with a twisting close lock. I remember it clearly. Nearly all my friends growing up in the 80's and 90's had jelly shoes but I was the only one with a jelly bag. I was so cool!

So, I think I'll be hot footing it to down New Look this Spring/Summer for one of these; the only tough decision I'll have is which colour to pick! Oh and worrying about what I carry in my handbag!

4 comments:

  1. did you have jelly shoes too? i used to sport both in the '80's alongside a home perm ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I certainly had jelly shoes too. Missed out on the perm though - I was more of a crimper girl!

      Delete
  2. When I caught a glimpse of the pink and blue degradable carrier bags versions of the throw back classic on New Looks website this morning,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, I don't think you managed to finish your comment! Nice to hear from you though! :) x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment and your interest in my blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...