Sunday 28 April 2013

Vintage fair lovliness

I love looking around Vintage and Retro shops and stalls and seeing what little previously loved joys there are to be found and re-loved. The 'All Things Vintage & Lovely' fair in Plymouth yesterday didn't let me down.

The entrance hall, mezzanine and main hall were all packed to the brim with Vintage clothing, accessories and interior ideas. I was spoilt for choice! With the amazing Miss Cherry Bomb providing the live music, I was transported to all things 'Vintage & Lovely'.

Vintage fair collection of photos

Vintage fair collection of photos

Collection of vintage fair photos


Some of the highlights for me were the handmade cake stands and the Aloha Lounge Designs stalls. 

Handmade cake stands
I've always loved and wanted my own cake stand and have seen a couple recently at Wyevale Garden Centre (randomly), which caught my eye. I didn't buy one and am quite glad now, as after I've seen the handmade cake stands at the fair yesterday, I know now that I won't be buying anything other than a unique stand made from vintage china.

Cake stands hand made from vintage crockery

The gorgeous cake stands on display yesterday were on average about £25 for three tiers and in most cases were made from different sets of crockery, from different periods. They were truly beautiful. 

You can get similar designs from a company called Cake Stand Heaven and whether this was the company at the show, I'm not sure. These cake stands have even previously featured on Master Chef!

Huge variety of cake stands available from Cake Stand Heaven



I really love the fact that the plates selected are not necessarily from the same set or era, creating a truly unique piece. I HAVE to get one of these in my house very soon. I think I'm just going to find it hard to pick a favourite!

Aloha Lounge Designs
The items for sale on the Aloha Lounge stall were really cute. There was rings, necklaces, bracelets, purses and much, much more. I fell in love with this cute ring and HAD to buy it.

Vintage wooden ring




It looks as if it's made from an old button and I love it. Kinda goes really nicely with my mint nails at the moment too! This was just one of the many designs that I liked and for just £3, was a gorgeous little find.


Jewellery on Aloha Lounge Designs stall

If you love cute purses, you have to check the Aloha Lounge Designs ones out, there are so many lovely, unique designs available, you won't know which one to go for!

Cupcake purse from Aloha Lounge Designs

Aloha Lounge Designs cowgirl purse
And the cute range of jewellery is really special too.

Bird necklace


























Necklace using scrabble pieces






The next Vintage Fair arranged by Miss Ivy Events is the Super Vintage Fair on 15th/16th June at The Torbay Hotel. For just a £1.50 entrance fee, you should check it out! You never know what you might find!

Poster for Super Vintage Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and your interest in my blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...