Monday 22 April 2013

MUA nail Constellations Review

Collage of images of Nail Constellations




Together with my MUA makeup haul, I also purchased two products from the MUA nail range. I bought Nail Constellations in Gemini, which I will review today and Fur Effect Nails in Fluffy Puff, which I will review separately.

So today I tried out the Nail Constellations and was not disappointed.

Nail Constellations in Gemini

Gemini is one of the five Constellations (colours) in the range. The other Constellations are Scorpio, Pisces, Leo and Libra. Inside each pot are thousands of tiny reflective beads, that glisten in the light. 

Preparing the nail & beads
So, because my nails are Shellac and already a mint colour, I didn't need to coat my nail in a coloured varnish, instead I just used a thick layer of clear varnish, to fuse the Constellations. As soon as I had applied the varnish, I poured a number of the beads into a bowl.

Beads being poured into bowl

I thought this would be the easiest way to apply the beads. The MUA site states that the funnel enables you to pour them onto your nail but I felt this way was probably better for keeping the beads contained as they bounce off the nail! I didn't want to lose a loud on the floor and this way they all stayed in the bowl for reuse.

Applying the beads
Next, I dabbed my finger into the beads to coat them fully. Once I had a good amount of beads stuck to the nail, I gently brushed away some of the ones sitting on top, to keep the nail as flat as possible. 

Nail being dabbed into beads in bowl

I 're-dabbed' a couple of times to ensure the sides and tip of the nail were fully covered. 

Once I was happy with the coverage of the beads, I gently patted the beads down onto the nail, to ensure they were fully stuck to the varnish and again, to help enable the nail to look as level as possible.

Then when I was happy with the look, I repeated on the other hand and left to dry. They dried pretty quickly and I was really pleased with the effect!

Nail constellations effect

Getting beads back into the bottle
Then I needed to put the beads left in the bowl back into the bottle and I found the easiest way to do this was to scoop the beads into the funnel and then pour back into the bottle.

Using funnel to scoop up beads

Using funnel to pour beads back into pot

After a few hours of wear, I noticed that a few beads had fallen off, so I dabbed some clear varnish onto the bald spots, dropped a few more beads onto those spots and patted down to secure. Now they are perfect!

I really enjoyed using these and look forward to trying the other colours. Let me know if you've tried them and which colour you chose.

Watch out for my review on the Fur Effect Nails in Fluffy Puff, which I'll be trying soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and your interest in my blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...