Monday 24 June 2013

My Holiday Beauty, Hair, Nail & Makeup Musts; Post 1

It's holiday season, so I thought I'd share with you some of the beauty, hair, nails & makeup products I'll be packing in my suitcase this year!

I've collated them into body, skin, hair, face, eyes, lips, perfume, nails and randomly, bra clips! I'm quite a simple traveller and I don't take oodles of products. I try not to wear too much makeup on holiday too. 

I'm going to cover body, skin, hair and random items in this post and makeup, perfume and nails in a second.

Holiday body products
Radox, Shower Smoothies, Soul Soother
I love these shower gels, especially on holidays, as the blackcurrant and cranberry seeds in this particular one, help to ex-foliate during each shower and keep my skin super soft. It also smells really yummy! 

Sure, Clear Diamond, Crystal Antiperspirant
I use this particular antiperspirant all the time and find it's brilliant at giving long lasting protection and although it doesn't cut down on all accidental white marks ( I don't know one that does), it is a huge improvement on most.

Nivea Sun, Protect & Bronze, 20 (Medium)
Protecting your skin on holiday is incredibly important and this year I'm actually taking 3 bottles, not all pictured here, in 50 (high), 30 (Medium) and 10 (low). Also, being the first holiday away with our daughter, we're taking A LOT of 50 sunscreen for her, because you can't be too careful. I'm totally paranoid about protecting my skin these days. I didn't used to be so much when I was younger and on some holidays applied just once or twice, all week! Not good. So now, I'm trying to be extra careful and take precautions when I can.

Boots, Soltan After Sun
I also take lots and lots of after sun, to ensure that my skin is highly moisturised. I always take Soltan as it's the only one I have ever found to be successful in protecting from insect bites. The solution in the after sun that helps fend off the buzzy bugs is also odourless, not like some other repellents, so a huge bonus! There's nothing worse than going to bed smelling like chemicals. Yuk.

Body Shop, Body Butter, Satsuma
This is a favourite of mine and has been for years. This is my extra moisturiser for my holiday, that I will be adding on top of my after sun, mainly to my neck, arms and legs, for an extra moisturising treat. I absolutely love the smell of this and use the moisturiser and soap too!

Holiday face products

Nivea, Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes
I always take a pack of facial wipes on holiday as I can't be bothered with taking makeup remover, cleanser, toner and moisturiser. Way to much weight and too much fuss when you want to enjoy your holiday and be a little bit frivolous with your skincare routine! These wipes are perfect for removing makeup and helping to cleanse, tone and hydrate my skin. These even remove waterproof mascara, which is a must on holiday!

Simple, Pore Minimising Toning Cleanser
I always take this with me everywhere. It helps to keep my skin feeling clean and clear and I will always use it after a face wipe. It also helps to remove any remainder traces of makeup; just avoid the eyes! Ouch!

Holiday hair products



Pantene, Hairspray, Volume & Body
I use this hairspray for everything, so it always goes with me on holiday. I go for level 5, Ultra Strong Hold, as my hair is quite fine and needs that extra stability, especially when using it to fix a style or 'up-do'.

Batiste, Dry Shampoo, Lace
This product is a little gem when you don't want to be bothered with washing your hair each morning. A spray of this into your roots adds volume and texture, with a gorgeously clean and fresh feel. This is perfect for mornings when you want to dash out of the door to the beach, or want to go out for lunch when you've just come off the beach. It has many uses and is a suitcase must.

Superdrug, Soft Touch Hair Grips
These are a revelation! My hair is quite fine and slippy, so I always find that hair grips slide out over the course of the day. Not with these! The coating on them has a slightly rubbery feel, which helps to grip to the hair and they are also contoured in their shape, to actually fit to your head more comfortably. Brilliant!

Hair Doughnut
This is essential, so that I can quickly put my hair up into a bun and go! I wear my hair up a lot on holiday, so this is a definite must have.

Hair Bands
I like to take a selection of hair bands to keep my hair off of my face, especially when on the beach and ones like this are my favourites at the moment. They are elasticated to fit any head shape and I love the braiding design. I have about 5 of these, in different colours and braid thickness.

Magic Clips - the best invention EVER!


Magic Clip
This little piece conquers one of my most hated things about summer - seeing peoples bra straps! There's no excuse now! I've had these for a few years now, but I'm sure they must still be available. This pack comes with 4 clips, two large and two small, in clear and brown. I don't go anywhere without them. I got these from ASOS.

Do you use any of these when you go on holiday?

Watch out for my next post on makeup, nails and perfume holiday musts!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.
    My blog:http://hellopromdress.aolam.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you! Really appreciate that. I love writing for my blog. :) I'll check out your blog too!x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment and your interest in my blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...